Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Perfect Pint

Mile:5,756
      
       Hungover.  But not from too much beer.  I have consumed about as much as a sled dog running Iditarod the last week, and finally am getting back into my own.  From the famous Pawelek mushroom soup to incredible delectables sprinkled with...well..more sprinkles, the New Year will ring in a few extra sit-ups on my end.  I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday, I spent the last week at my bro's outside of Raleigh watching the snow fall like it has been everywhere else in the Country.  From Magic Hat, to He'Brew, to Natty Greene's, to Park Village(go Jeremy), the overwhelming holiday selection of beers has been outstanding.  Don't think I haven't been at the very least "researching" during the holidays.  Though my new job is tough, I still have to squeeze in a few tastings while visiting with family and friends!  I really enjoyed Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale, and I suggest you try one.  It is virtually everywhere, and has a crisp taste to it, but also some hoppiness to ring in the New Year.  Wasn't a huge fan of the Heineken Dark, though it did go well with Sebastiano's Pizza in Davidson,NC.
       I spent Christmas with the fam, played Lego's with my nephews, and played in the snow with my dogs.  Jammed out to the new Kid Rock album(kick ass), and got to see Brad, my best friend from Michigan.  I traveled from Cary to Mooresville, spent the day with Brad betting money we didn't have on pool(standard routine since age 15) and caught up on life.  He lives in CO now, and I cannot wait to tour breweries with him next winter.  That night was spent playing poker with his girlfriend and Brother, who does the slow role for about 20 minutes, then hustles your chips like a pro.  At least Brad and I think we're good for that first twenty.   Back to Cary, then over to Burlington we drove(me and the pups) to spend some time with Erin and her family.  The dogs have the whole basement to themselves are very thankful to sleep inside for a few days!  The Carolina snow has just about melted, but we did get a chance to take the hounds out to the park for a day of Frisbee golf fun.  I can't believe I'm about to admit this, but it is the first time ever that I walked around a Frisbee golf course and did not throw one Frisbee.  It wasn't cold, there was no one there, I have no excuse.  Sorry Adam!  Either way, "frolfer's" tend to be very dog friendly and since I wanted the dogs to run around off-leash, I knew this territory was safe.  Last night I played a show in Greensboro, at the Flatiron Bar.  Everyone was very kind and all, but you know it's gonna be a good night when the first creature to welcome you in is a nine year old dog who's just "makin' the rounds."  Thanks to everyone there for a great time, Erin and I had so much fun. 
       I plan on conquering the remaining 9 or ten states on my list after the New Year, then back out to Alaska for a Summer of Mushing sled dogs in Juneau,AK.  My first stop will be Maryland, then off to Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, then a camp out somewhere in New Hampshire or Maine. 
       Thank all of you for your gracious donations, they have helped me out in so many ways, and help make this trip possible for me and my dogs.  Have the best NYE ever, and if you have any good camping suggestions for the North East, please let me know, I'm always up for an adventure.


JWP
      

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joe! Sounds fun! Why don't you post more photos? I cant be a tourist in your world without postcards. :)

    ReplyDelete