Wednesday, November 17, 2010

East Coast Post

One week from today I will be leaving St. Augustine for the second leg of my trip this winter. I have visited some outstanding breweries in the midwest, and am excited to see what the Old World has to offer. Some of the Nations oldest pubs are in my near future, and I look forward to any and all experiences that come my way. I have high expectations that the next 2 months will be filled with twists and turns as the road to Maine becomes shorter. As each beer makes me smarter, wiser, and more palate-knowledgeable, I assure you readers that the blog posts I have written so far have been somewhat constructed, and thought out. As a writer, well , more of as a story-teller, I encourage the metaphoric curve ball. If everything was planned out to perfection, this trip would go smoothly, efficiently, and timely. Coincidentally that is too much like a job to me, and for the time being, and for the sake of the book you're going to buy, you wouldn't like anything I wrote that was too planned out.
As a musician, I find that the best lyrics I incorporate into my guitar playing are words right off of my mind. If I just say what I want to say, I have said it. No planning, just a gasoline guitar fueling my fire. So with that said, you should expect creative blogs that will cover my journey so that when you purchase "APWATW" you will be able to look back at the blog and find the day I was at the brewery that your drinking a beer at, with your dog. My choices of breweries are limited to a few things, but please understand that is my goal to provide local beer information for traveling folks like yourself, as well as a few funny stories to keep on your coffee table for years to come.
I am now going to add the total miles driven at the beginning of each post, so that you can see how close together we all are....or maybe it will inspire you to take a weekend getaway to another microbrewery other than your hometown favorite. I am already certain that there is a better beer out there, and I sure as hell plan on finding it.

JWP

PS- I have added two new links to my blog. One is my Facebook music page, which many of you have seen. It has links to my entire album, "Alaskan Afternoon" recorded Winter 2010. I also have added a donation link if you're at all interested in helping me fund this journey of journey's to reconnect old friendships, meet great new folks, and accomplish my goal of 100 breweries in 50 United States!

No comments:

Post a Comment