Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Skipping Stones





       It's all simmering now, waiting for the Marsala to become gravy like before dinner.  Sienna the toddler has invited me to three tea parties, put stickers all over Tut and Ketza, and even helped feed them after!  I have arrived in Michigan, a week ago to be exact, and have had a very home-style session.  I spent the week at Krieger's, which was really relaxing and motivating.  I got a of work done with the book, and finally feel like it's coming together.  It was tough to fund motivation for writing and the book in general while I was down south.  I worked on it a lot in short bursts, but now it seems like an even flow.  I've been able to write for a bit, then take the time to focus on my next story.  I want the stories to be so rich and connecting, I want the reader to feel as if I'm telling them the story over a fresh pint.
       Now I haven't been able to come back to Michigan since October, which was much earlier than I thought, but I have been able to give six sled dog assemblies up in Oxford, and hopefully get another good review from the Oxford Leader.  They were as fun as ever, and Tut and Ketza did such a good job.
       Michigan beer, Michigan beer, Michigan beer.  I love it.  I have been doing all this traveling in other people's hometowns, and to have the chance to visit mine and pour back a few local brews means a lot to this journey.  It's so much more about the journey than the destination.  I'm super excited to get settled in to North Carolina after I get back in April.   I'll get a place with a yard for the dogs, or close by park, and then a job working anywhere.  It'll be so nice to spend a summer  set in a sower pace.  Erin and I will be able to plan our wedding, and set a date.  It's been life on the road for me, but I'm excited to start living life a bit differently.
       So as I once again leap into the unknown, I have faith that my path will bring a reward sweeter than Ephemere, and that my truck won't break down in the middle of Death Valley.  OK, the remaining states in order are: Texas, New Mexico, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Nebraska, and Iowa.  If you are interested in helping out with gas or beer money, feel free to hit the donate button at the bottom of the screen. I am in the works of planning a fundraiser for the book this summer, but every bit helps me out so much.  If you are located in one of these states, expect a phone call and a couple muddy paws on your carpet, because we're staying the night!  Take care everyone, I'll talk to you after my recording session with Dave menzo at www.davemenzo.com. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment