Thursday, July 19, 2012






Welcome!

       Some of you will be seeing this blog for the first time today, which is a very lucky adventure in itself.  If you've seen my link on the front page of the Burlington Times, thanks for following through and visiting me here!
       The project started out last Monday, after lots of preparation and planning.  We power washed the brick on the North side of Company Shops Market, Burlington's food co-op, on Sunday and Monday night.  Tuesday was a big job.  After purchasing supplies from Home Depot, Priming was next on the agenda.  Just shy of five hours, three of us painted the brick wall, which soaked up six gallons of green primer.  After seeing just how big the project was, we were ready to initiate phase two of the project;outlining.
       Wednesday at 5pm, Leila who is CSM's operations Manager, and the produce departments Glenn, laid down the grid so we could start painting the outline.  We chose a flat light brown color to map up the "shady grove," and that is where the mural is currently sitting.
       A lot of employees volunteered time with this phase, which is very important in reaching our deadline of this upcoming Sunday.  Tonight, Thursday the nineteenth, you are invited to CSM to help paint the mural.  It is fun, easy, and a great way to meet other Burlington residents!

       I thank you all in advance for your support!  This has been a dream of mine and Leila's for a while now, and after all the behind the scenes planning, it feels good to put our ideas on the wall.  If you are at all interested in future projects, please email me at musherjoey@gmail.com.  I will gladly help you make your business or home full of color, as well as help out along the way.  If you read back into my blog, you will find that community is the basis of the creation of my writing.
        I have self funded every mile of my travels, and now am hopeful that I will raise enough money to publish my first book, which is set to be published my this December.  You can help by donating at the bottom of this page and also by contacting me with leads on North Carolina publishers that might be interested in publishing a book about the craft of brewing locally.  Thank you again for visiting and I encourage you to scan the several posts of the last two years of my life.  Have a great day, and we'll see you down at the Co-Op Thursday and Saturday night around six pm!

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment