Thursday, March 29, 2012

The first rough Draught!





Mile:25,000

      The research for my book is officially finished!  I have grown into a new person, as my cocoon has unveiled and dropped in the new spring light.  I am happy to announce I also have two publishers currently interested in my idea, and as soon as I find me a job, I will begin the final stages of publishing my book!  It's in no way sad to me that the traveling has come to an end.  I feel like I've been driving for something for some time now, in a way in search of a new home.  Much like any nomad, we seek a place where our minds can grow, but have trouble staying in one place too long due to resources.  I have everything and more where I am now, and have all of you to thank for helping me get to where I am at.
       Sadly my visit with Brad in Colorado was cut short due to the passing of Erin's grandfather, Bill Myers.  This Man battled cancer for quite some time, and his body was simply exhausted.  His service was yesterday near Burlington, NC and the turn out was nothing short of astounding.  He influenced so many people in his life, and for a humble Lutheran, his accomplishments at the service did not go unnoticed.  Bill was a giver, and a role model for all that he met.  I'm very thankful I had the chance to get to know him, and the support of the family through this hard time was very admirable.  It was an honor to be included in the weeks events celebrating the life of Mr. William Myers.
       Now that I am back home, reality is setting in more and more each day.  My Fiancee has been working for a logistics company north of Burlington, and I'm on the hunt for a solid J.O.B myself.  I'm very hopeful that  one of the three jobs I have interviews for will pan out.  They are very exciting, however I'm going to keep it on the down low until I decide which one will work best with mine and Erin's life.  It is a tough transition for me to go from being employed six months out of the year guaranteed in AK, but the benefits of being with Erin erases any doubt in my mind that I'm doing the right thing.  I am so excited to start working so we can plan our future together.  I'm so happy to be in such a great spot in life, and know that in just a few short weeks I'll be back in the swing of things with my eye on all kinds of new goals and ambitions.  Basically that means camping, going to the beach, and catching a few Phish shows this summer.
       From California I made it to Nevada, Utah, then Colorado.  Brad(bff) and Tina got a new pet dog who I spent some time training, and I think she made some ground while I was there.  His bro and bud came out for the bachelor weekend, and by the lack of sound of it, I assume it was a blast.  The weather was great, warm, and sunny, and I know that the time I spend with Brad is always time well spent.  We partied at Woody Creek Tavern, and as always Aspen Brew co's pub house.  I love how Aspen is so expensive, but it's filled with just as many snow bums as any other mountain town.  After a long winded long board ride into town, we took the bus back and Ol' Joe sacked out on the couch with all three dogs, cementing my whispering skills to code Orange.
       After the news of Erin's Grandfather, I hopped in the truck early Friday and started the 1,800 mile ride back, making it in Sunday afternoon. I visited Nebraska breweries, as well as the last two in Iowa.  I had a long ride back, but the second I saw Erin, I knew every mile was well worth it!

       This weekend I'm going to start shifting gears with my blog.  I will walk you all through the publishing process and keep you updated on what is involved in getting your dreams on a page.  On Saturday I'll post a rough draft of my Introduction to the book.  I find that when you get your thoughts out there for everyone to see, you can revise and edit much more productively.  Okeedokee everyone, I'm off to walk the dogs and go check out my parents new house in Apex, NC.  Thank you all again for the support and couches, and meals, and poop bags, and some of the best laughs I've ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment